Meet the Sussmans!

I've been utterly distracted by my husband's visit these last 10 days. Mike and I have visited old haunts, seen friends, and discovered new favorite places. He quickly got into a routine of walking the tayelet (beach promenade) for 11-13 miles and then walked another 5-6 a day with me exploring Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Zichron Yaacov. We had Shabbat with friends, visited the Perez Center for Peace and Innovation in Jaffa, and watched many beautiful sunsets over the Mediterranean. He left Monday night after the Megillah reading (Purim begins tonight) and I have another 5 days before I too head home.

The past 10 days have been a taste of what our future times here will be like. We've already booked for 2 months next year (February & March) and I hope he'll be able to join me for longer. One of the first days here he walked me on a surprise birthday mission (he came a week after my birthday). We walked a couple of miles and got to a shop where a young man was outside and said, "Mike? I've been waiting for you!". We walked into the jewelry store and he reached into a gift bag and opened a box which contained the most beautiful pomegranate earrings which Mike had made for me. He found them on Etsy after a search for pomegranates and turns out the Jeweler (Yaniv) was in Tel Aviv! Happy birthday to me- I LOVE THEM!


Mike walked around Dizengoff with me in our Purim costumes and we did a taste test of Hamentaschen!

Meet my friends David & Melissa Sussman:

Click here for info on the Western Wall Tunnels

 Click here for info on Yad L'Olim

For info about the Bielski brothers and the film Defiance click here


If you're looking for an amazing guide: 

In their beautiful home in Efrat.                     With gramma in Disney


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Affair

I Believe in Destiny